(204) Digambar Jain Sidha Kshetra, Rehali
The group of Digambar Jain temple are located in eastern part of Rehali on the right bank of Sonar river. The locally is called Patanaganj. These are total thirty small and large Jain temples within a boundary wall. The approach to the temples is on western side. All the temples built on a high jagati.
The main temple having conical Nagar shikhar and rest have domical shikhar, these temples were constructed from 14th to 19th century A.D.
The main temple also renovated later. Stone and metal images of each tirthankar are enshrined in the temples. Image of Tirthankar Malyanath is earliest which have date of Smvat 1472 (A.D. 1415). Temple no four and five have beautiful wall paintings of Puranic stories and Rag-Ragini as well as dance scenes.
(205) Harsiddhi Devi Temple, Rangir
Rangir is located about 8 km from Sagar-Devari road inside deep forests on the beautiful bank of Dehan river. It is considered to be one of the charged seats of Devi.
The temple seems to have been built around 18th century A.D. However, no evidence about this is available. After 1732 A.D. Sagar district came under the possession of Marathas. Govindrao Pandit made Rangir his headquarter. It can be assumed that the temple might have been built by the Marathas.
Plan of the Temple- The square temple is surrounded by a massive boundary wall. It consists of a garbha-griha around which a new courtyard was constructed. A small temple was first built inside the garba-griha. Later, a shikhar and the boundary wall were added.
The temple is made of bricks and lime and its shikhar is dome-shaped. Small cells are built on all four sides of the shikhar. The style represents the composite (Hindi and Mughal) style of the medieval period.
Garbha-griha- The garbha-griha enshrines a sthanak two-armed image of Harsiddhi Devi in a small temple. The stone image is of local style. The entrance gate of the garbha-griha is to the south and the exit is to the west. It is for the convenience of the devotees.
(206) Old Dafferin Hospital Building, Sagar
Situated in the midst of city in front of Sagar lake. The building was constructed in 1887-88 by British govt. on the direction given by lady Daffrin during the visit of Sagar for a lady hospital. So it is called lady Daffrin hospital. It is located on a hill facing to work Sagar lake. The building is of two stories. The ground floor consists of large rooms with open. baramada as well as upper floor. It is a rectangular in plan made of red sand stone. The roof of building is made of wooden base with tiles roof.
(208) Fort, Sanodha
This Fort was built by Maratha rulers in around 18th century from strategic point of view. The two-storeyed fort has a spacious courtyard in the middle of the palace. There are four defence bastions on all four sides of the fort. The fort has permanent drinking water supply system. The fort was used by the revolutionaries in 1857 for storing military provisions.
(209) Surya Temple, Rehali
The present Surya temple is not in its original shape, so its architectural specialty can only be guessed. In Bundelkhand region shikhars of Gurjar Pratihar, Chandela, Kalchuri and Paramara periods are found. The shikhar style is a special feature of north Indian temple architecture. The shikhar style temples are called the temples of Nagar style. It may be assumed that the style of architecture of the Surya temple at Rehali might have been like the Surya temples at Madkhera and Umari in Tikamgarh district.
The existing temple was built form the material after the collapse of the original Surya temple. A study of the architectural members used in the temple suggests that architectural members of different temples were used in it. Therefore, two different conclusions may be drawn:-
The Surya temple and a Shiva temple were two different structures whose original shapes are now gone.
Somewhere about Rehali there were Shiva and Viishnu temples from where the remains were brought and used in construction of the present temple.
This conclusion is supported by sirdal, which is occupied by a Natraj Shiva image and the entrance gate, which is carved with a figure of Yamuna. Similarly, there is a small gate pillar carved with an image of Garudasin Vishnu. It might have been brought from some ruined Vishnu temple. It is, thus, clear that the remains used in this temple belong to Vishnu and Shiva temples. Anyway, it is a very valuable architectural heritage. The present shape to the temple was given by local Maratha rulers around 18th century A.D. It is due to memory of local people about the ancient Surya temple that a Surya idol was installed in the garbha-griha of the new temple. The temple is unmatched in Sagar region for its grandness and artistic excellence.
(210) Vishnu Temple, Binaika
A large village is situated at the distance of 50 kms from Sagar on Banda-Binaika road. It is supposed to have been populated in 15th century A.D. by Gonda rulers. Later it was taken by Raja Bir Singh Deo and in 1730 A.D. ceded to the Marathas by Chhatrasal. The Maratha governor Vinayak Rao built a fortress here. In 1842 it was plundered by the Bundela form Narhut and Chandrapura. In 1857 A.D. it was held by Raja of Shahgarh.
The Vishnu temple is locatedin north east decorated of the village. It consists of a sanctum and a vestible. The shikhar is fallen. The base of doorjambs is one preserved. The images of Vishnu, Shiva, Dikpalas and goddesses are in jangha portion. The temple was built by Pratihars in 10th century A.D.