(70) Boreshwar Shiva Temple, Dulhagan
The Shiva temple is situated at village Boreshwar in village Dulhagan in Ater tahasil of Bhind district. Built on an octagonal platform the exterior of the temple is attractive. The shikhar is high. On the basis of architecture the temple may be attributed to the 10th century A.D.
The temple has a garbha-griha and a gate. The doorjambs are carved with images of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna and amorous couples. The temple of Pratihar period was renovated in the 15th century A.D. according to the inscription engraved in the temple.
(71) Devi Temple, Chomho
The Devi temple is located at village Chomho in Ater tahasil of Bhind district. After the original temple was ruined a new temple was built at its site. Only the entrance of the temple is in its original shape, which is carved with images or river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna. The village derives its name from the four-faced Shivalinga, which is called Chaumukha. The 10th century A.D. Shivalinga of the temple has since been shifted to a new temple built about half a km in the center of the village. In fact, the temple belongs to the Pratihara period.
(72) DEVI TEMPLE ATER
These temples were built by Bhadauria rulers in 18th century A.D. There is a goddess temple at the middle, which surrounded by small of sati memorial or cenotabhs. Which are built on square plan, having opened doors in four sides with dome on top.
(73) Shiva Temple, SitaRam ki Lavan
Situated at Sitaram Ki Lavan the 10-11th century A.D. Shiva temple was built during the period of Kachhapaghatas. A garbha-griha, antaral and mandapa might have existed in the upper storey of the two-storeyed temple, which are now all but ruined. Only garbha-griha survives and the shikhar is gone.
The lower storey has a cave occupied by a Shivalinga. The door pillars are carved with figures of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna.
The architectural blocks and idols are lying in the temple premises. Of these, the panel of Saptamatrikas is worth mentioining. Images of Saraswati and Ganesha are carved along with Saptamatrikas.
(74) Fort of Gohad
It is said that the fort of Gohad was first built by Bhadoria rulers. The Jat Ranas of Gohad basically belonged to Punjab or Rajsthan.
In 1505 A.D. Tomar ruler Man Singh granted Jamindari of Gohad to the first ruler of Jat dynasty, Raja Singhdev II. Raja Bhim Singh was enthroned in 1703 A.D. who snatched the fort from the Bhadorias in 1736 A.D.
After the death of Bhim Singh Rana in 1755 A.D. Girdhar Pratap Singh succeded him, but he died after ten months. Rana Chhatar Singh succeeded him in 1757 A.D. He built the new palace and fort.
Later the fort was taken over by the Scindhias The fort has a security wall around it pierced by entrances in south and north. A number of palaces were built inside the fort of which the principal palace constructed by Rana chhatrapati is attractive. The two-storeyed palace has three bastions. The lattice work is beautiful while the doors are plain.
(75) Laxaman Talaia, Gohad
The Laxaman Talaia at Gohad is, in fact, a concrete step-well built in the center of a garden. The garden is now ruined but the step-well is in a fairly good shape. The two-tiered step-well has a flight of stone steps.
There is a bathroom inside the step-well and there are steps from its roof to approach it. The bathroom has two small rooms on both sides and in the centre there exists a pillared room. The step-well was built by Chhatar Singh Rana in the 18th century A.D.
(76) Chhatri of Malhar Rao Holkar, Alampur
Maharani Ahilya Bai Holkar built the chhatri of Malhar Rao Holkar at Alampur in Bhind district in 1766 A.D. It is marked by beautiful carvings. Built on the pattern of the chhatris of Holkar rulers at Indore, the chhatri is famous for its outstanding carving of floral and leaf patterns. The Maratha style chhatri represents a beautiful blend of shikhar dome and arch, on which Kalash has been made in a very attractive manner. The first storey of the chhatri is a pillared hall decorated with fascinating paintings.
(77) Naya Mahal, Gohad
The Jat Ranas basically belonged to Punjab or Rajsthan. In 1505 A.D. the Tomar ruler of Gwalior Man Singh granted Jagirdari of Gohad to Singhdev II, the first ruler of Jat dynasty, Rana Bhim Singh became the ruler of Gohad in 1703 A.D. He snatched the remaining portion of the Gohad fort from Bhadoria rulers of Ater and fully occupied Gohad. After the death of Bhim Singh in 1755 A.D. Girdhar Pratap Singh succeeded him but he died after ten months. He was succeeded by Rana Chhatra Singh in 1757 A.D. The Naya Mahal was built by Rana Chhatra Singh in 1780 A.D. An open courtyard is surrounded by spacious pillared rooms with fascinating lattice. The bastions built on all corners are a fine example of architecture. The eastern rooms having a Jharokha meant for the rulers. The entrance to the two-storeyed palace is to the west. Small pillared chhatris built on the upper story and the chhajjas are attractive.
(78) Surya Temple, Bharoli
Bharoli in Mehgaon tahasil of Bhind district lies15 km from Bhind. Outside the village amidst agricultural fields there exists a brick-built temple. Its original structure is no more and a new temple has been built at its site. However, the idol of Surya enshrined in the garbha-griha belongs to the 9-10th century A.D. The stone pillars of the garbha-griha also belong to this period. In fact, the temple was built of bricks during Pratihara period. At present its doorframe, sirdal and pillars of the gate are lying at the site, which suggest that the temple belongs to the Pratihara period. The doorjambs are carved with figures of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna.
(79) Ancient Shiva Temple, Chhimka
The 10-11th century A.D. ancient Shiva temple was built by Kachhapaghata rulers. The temple has no shikhar. In fact, it is a mandapika of the flat roof. The garbha-griha of the temple is small in size. The east-facing temple has no images carved on it.
The size of the garbha-griha is 1.75x1.75 m. and the width of the gate is 50 cm.
(80) Old Palace, Bhind
The old palace is a two-storyed structure inside the fort of Bhind opposite Bhindeshwar temple. Made of Lakhauri bricks in Rajput style the palace is said to have been built by the Bhadauria rulers.
(81) Fort of Bhind
The fort at the district headquarter Bhind was built by Bhadawar State’s ruler Gopal Singh Bhadoria in the 18th century A.D. Scindia’s Subedar Pragdas captured it in the later half of the 18th century A.D. The Bhadoria ruler Anirudh Singh took shelter in Ater fort. The fort has since been under the possession of the Scindias.
Eight bastions are built in the outer and inner ramparts of the fort. There was a moat around this rectangular fort. Its length is 400 feet and width is 250 feet. The entrance gate is to the west. The mud gate of the outer rampart is called Ghati Darwaja while the pucca gate is called Singh Paur. The upper floor of Darbar Hall was built in 1937 A.D.
(82) Shiva Temple, Ater
Built on a square platform the square temple has a garbha-griha occupied by a Shivalinga. The temple was built by Ater’s Bhadoraia ruler Badan Singh in the 18th century A.D. Dedicated to Lord Shiva the temple faces east. Originally, the temple had four entrance gates but subsequently three of them were closed. A flight of steps was built to approach the temple. The shikhar of the temple is dome-shaped having a kalash on it.
(84) Shiva Temple, Dang
The temple was built by Pratihara rulers in 8-9th century A.D. The east-facing temple is dedicated to Shiva. Raised on a stone platform, the elevation plan of the temple consists of plinth, jangha and shikhar and the ground plan consists of garbha-griha, antaral and gate. Probably, the shikhar was built later during the period of the Jat rulers of Gohad. The jangha portion is decorated with images of divinities.
The pillar is carved with images of river goddesses and the various events of Lord Krishna’s life are beautifully carved in the upper portion of lalat-bimb.
(85) Shiva Temple, Berkhari
The Shiva temple of Berkhari was built during the Kachhapaghata period on a two metre high platform. Now only garbha-griha of the temple survives. Having no shikhar temple is built in Kachhapaghata style of architecture. The east-facing temple is small in size and is open on all sides. The original shape of the temple is lost. A state protected monument, the temple is located in the center of village Berkhari.
(86) Shiva Temple, SitaRam ki Lavan
Situated at Sitaram Ki Lavan the 10-11th century A.D. Shiva temple was built during the period of Kachhapaghatas. A garbha-griha, antaral and mandapa might have existed in the upper storey of the two-storeyed temple, which are now all but ruined. Only garbha-griha survives and the shikhar is gone. The lower storey has a cave occupied by a Shivalinga.
The door pillars are carved with figures of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna. The architectural blocks and idols are lying in the temple premises. Of these, the panel of Saptamatrikas is worth mentioining. Images of Saraswati and Ganesha are carved along with Saptamatrikas.
(87) Vishnu Temple, Barhad
The Vishnu temple at Barhad may be ascribed to the 10th century A.D, going by its architecture and iconography. Only garbha-griha and the door portion of the Pratihar period temple now survive. Earlier, the temple was buried under a mound of clay. It came to light after removal of the debris of the mound. The rectangular garbha-griha is occupied by 10th century A.D. images of Vishnu and Uma Maheshwar. The doorjambs are carved with figures of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna. The sirdal portion is carved with figures of Vishnu, Brhama, Mahesh and Navagraha.
(88) Vishnu Temple, Barahed
Village Barahed is known as Barahed Tal. The Vishnu temple was built in the centre of the lake in the 11-12th century A.D. in Kachhapaghata style. The east-facing temple is raised on a high platform. Devoid of shikhar, the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It has a garbha-griha and the gate portion. The gate pillars are carved with figures of river goddesses Ganga and Yamuna. The center of the lalat-bimb is occupied by figures of garudasin Vishnu, Brahma and Mahesh.
The Alind or niche behind the temple is occupied by an image of Surya riding a chariot. The northern side is carved with a figure of Kartikeya.
(90) Fort, Indurakhi
Indurakhi is 11 km from Ron on Bhind-Bhander road and 40 km from Bhind on the left bank of Sindh river. Made of Lakhauri bricks the fortress is now in a state of ruins. It is said to have been built by Gaur ruler Bhagat Singh. Subsequently, it came under the possession of Kachhwaha Rajputs.
There is an octagonal step-well inside the fortress, which has an inscription, which mentions 1824 as the year of its construction by Maharaja Adhiraj Gaj and a Suryanshi ruler. The British snatched the fortress from the Marathas and Jiwajirao Scindia again gave it to the British in 1844. He got it back from the British in 1860 A.D.